Home Alone, MEFA and Holiday Party
Words of Wisdom for the Week
“To conquer frustration, one must remain intensely focused on the outcome, not the obstacles.”
T. F. Hodge
Extended College Tour
HEY! Are you planning on going on the extended college tour? If your answer is “Heck yes! I’m super excited!” Here are a few things you need to know!
- Fundraising! We are hosting a family movie night on December 17th starting at 6:30pm. Dynamy students get in for free! Friends and family will have to pay. Buy tickets for $3 per person or $5 per family, what does your ticket get you? It gets you entrance in to the movie night and a small bag of popcorn. Students will be selling concessions at the event. Our feature will be Home Alone.
- There is a deposit of $250 that you need to have in if you want to go on the ECT. The Timeline for this money is……… *$100 in by December 19th *$150 in by January 15th *The balance for the trip (which is still being worked out) will be the 1st of March We are hoping that breaking up the cost of the deposit on different due dates will help alleviate some of the pressure you may feel to get your deposit in.
- If you already have money, be sure to bring it in to Andy. He will be collecting money and keeping track of it for you.
- If you put money down for a deposit, it will become non-refundable after January 31st. Which means if you put money down to reserve a spot and decided you no longer want to go, you can get your money back up until January 31st, after January 31st you will no longer be able to get your money back even if you decide you no longer want to go on the ECT.
- If you are planning on going on the ECT you need to attend one of the two mandatory meetings with your parents. The first meeting will be held on December 12th , from 2:30pm-3:30pm at Clark University, in the Jonas Clark Building, room 001. This meeting is so your parents can sign waivers and there will be a review of the code of conduct. If this date and time does not work for you and your parent, you can attend the second meeting date which will be held December 17th, at 7:00pm, in the small conference room during the Family Movie Night fundraiser.
- COMMUNICATION! We will be using e-mail as our main form of communication so please be sure to check your e-mail frequently. Sometimes we will also be using Facebook and the blog to post some information but our main source of communication will be e-mail. If you have any fundraising ideas or ways to help, please use the e-mail to get the information out there.
MEFA Financial Aid Night!
Calling all my sensational seniors! On December 16th, 5:45pm-8:00pm at the Carriage house we will be having a mandatory meeting for you and your parents/guardians regarding financial aid. We will be providing pizza and childcare. See you there!
Are you ready for some bonding, fun and great memories? Senior retreat has been scheduled for December 27th –December 29th. Check out the calendar for more details.
Community Event-HOLIDAY PARTY!
Come out from 5:00pm- 6:15pm on December 17th for the Youth Academy Holiday Party! Come together with your fellow Youth Academy students to eat yummy treats and celebrate the holiday season! This Event is our Community meeting for the month of December and is mandatory : )
Have you been tossing and turning in your sleep thinking about SAT’s? Have you been thinking, “Man, how I wish I could feel better prepared for the SATs?” Well, wonder no more! Saturdays at Clark University, there will be an SAT Prep class held from 10am-12pm in the Jonas Clark building.
If you have not scheduled your advising for the month of December please schedule your advising for the month. Also, you can now schedule your advising sessions for the month of January.
For the rest of the year, if you have scheduled an advising appointment with Lily on Wednesday you will be meeting with her at Clark University. If you have scheduled an appointment with Stacie on Thursdays you will be meeting with her at Clark University.
Tutoring at Clark
FYI-Tutoring will stop for the holiday season December 19th-January 9th. Get in as much tutoring as you can now before they close up shop for the season.
Psst! Do you have a grade of 75 or below? Don’t worry; be happy because you are required to attend tutoring at Clark to get some extra help to bring that grade up! But where do I go? So glad you asked! Come to Clark University! We will be having tutoring help along with Upward Bound. Tutoring will be held in the Jonas Clark building. On Wednesdays tutoring is located in the following rooms, JC 105 (Computer Lab), JC 206 and JC 218. On Thursdays it is located in rooms JC 102 and Sackler 120. Remember that this is open to ALL of you if you need help with your homework but required of you if you are below a 75 in any class.
Riddle of the Week
Congratulations to Naheer for guessing the answer to last week’s riddle!
This week’s riddle…
What is so delicate that saying its name breaks it?
Last week’s riddle…
What occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment and never in one thousand years?
Answer for last week’s riddle
The letter M
The answer can be found in the next blog post. Or if you figure it out, post it In the Facebook Group.